Monday, May 11, 2020

Week 6? Day? I'm lost

Hello - I hope everyone had a well deserved and feted Mother's Day yesterday with plenty of love, attention, and excellent food.

UPDATED grading policy here, PLEASE READ:

https://www.gusd.net/cms/lib/CA01000648/Centricity/Domain/4404/GradingDuringRemoteLearning-FAQs.En.pdf

I think I posted the old one by mistake last time, this is brand new...


Small virtual housekeeping items :

 I try not to overload students with long Zoom meetings, but I do have a couple of small requests:

1.   Sign in 2-3 minutes early and wait politely.  For example, if a meeting is at 10:30, sign it at 10:25. I tend to adhere to the "if you're early, you're on time" mantra and like to start instruction immediately, not to waste people's time or bandwidth.

2.   Have video on.  Too many kids turn it off and "disappear" playing video games and generally tuning out.  I wouldn't accept that in physical class, and I can't accept it now.

3.   No virtual backgrounds should be on.  You can imagine how distracting and annoying that is.

4.  I GREATLY appreciate how helpful students have been on Google Classroom helping others, although silly spam type things should continue to be avoided.

5.  The overall online behavior on comments and Zoom has been SO impressive.  You guys are fantastic.


Lastly, I deeply am touched by the overwhelming kindness and generosity shown to me during socially distant Teacher Appreciation Week.  I thank you again from the bottom of my heart.  I think when this has all ended I will look back in future years and remember just how kind you and your wonderful children have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment